This lettuce-free salad features a sweet-sour vinaigrette with surprise bursts of heat from serrano chile. Letting the dressing macerate for 5 minutes helps to blend all the flavors.
- 1/3 cup chopped blackberries
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 10 thin slices serrano chile
- 3 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped white onion
- 2 medium zucchini (1 lb.), peeled into ribbons with vegetable peeler (3 1⁄3 cups)
- 1 large head endive,leaves separated
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or one 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 Tbs. chopped pecans
To make Vinaigrette: Stir together all ingredients with fork, mashing blackberries slightly. Let stand 5 minutes.
To make Salad: Toss together zucchini, endive, radicchio, and chickpeas on large platter. Spoon Vinaigrette over Salad, and garnish with blackberries and pecans.
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 229
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 161 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g