These quesadillas get baked in the oven rather than heated in a skillet to avoid breaking fragile corn tortillas.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place zucchini in colander, sprinkle with salt, and let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Squeeze out water.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and salt, and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add zucchini, and sauté 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and stir in cheese, olives (if using), lime juice, and cilantro.
3. Use remaining 1 Tbs. oil to brush one side of each tortilla. Place 4 tortillas oil side down on baking sheet, and spread 1/4 cup filling on each. Top with remaining tortillas, oil side up.
4. Bake quesadillas 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, or until filling is hot and tortillas are lightly browned.
- Calories 312
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 257 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g