A thick sauce that’s perfect for coating spaghetti. We’ve added zucchini for color and crunch.
- 3 Tbs.pine nuts
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing
- 3 small zucchinis, peeled into thin strips with a vegetable peeler (2 cups)
1 Toast pine nuts in small skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to plate to cool.
2 Whisk together egg, egg yolk, cream, and cheese in large serving bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in zucchini and pine nuts. Toss with hot pasta, adding 1 to 2 Tbs. water or pasta-cooking water if necessary to obtain desired sauce consistency.
- Serving Size: Per 1/2-cup serving
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 116 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 100 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g