Baked cannelloni is a lighter alternative to lasagna and has the same big, bold flavors.
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (11/2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced (11/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
1. To make Sauce: Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 7 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, sage, and oregano; stir until combined. Add tomatoes and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes. Purée with immersion blender.
2. To make Cannelloni: Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes. Add zucchini and corn; increase heat to medium-high. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in garlic and sage; remove from heat. Stir in ricotta, 2 Tbs. Parmesan, and nutmeg.
3. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook 3 minutes, or until noodles bend without breaking. Drain, and cool in large bowl of cold water. Drain again, pat dry, and stack on cutting board. Halve noodles width-wise.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spoon 1/2 cup Sauce into 9-inch square baking dish.
5. Spoon 3 Tbs. zucchini mixture down center of 1 halved noodle. Roll into a tube, and place seam side down in dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling. Pour remaining Sauce over Cannelloni in dish. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbs. Parmesan and mozzarella, if using. Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese melts and Sauce is bubbly.
STORE/SERVE Cool, and cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate 3 days, or freeze up to 1 month. Thaw, and reheat, covered, in 350°F oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot in center.
- Calories: 314
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 536 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g