Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Try making this light appetizer with the wild mushrooms that are gaining popularity at farmers’ markets around the country. If you can’t find Taleggio cheese, use a soft goat cheese instead.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of zucchini and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Sauté mushrooms 7 to 10 minutes, or until browned and liquid has evaporated. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute. Add Madeira, and sauté 1 minute more, or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
3. Place puff pastry on prepared baking sheet. Prick dough all over with fork, leaving 1/2-inch border on all sides. Spread mushrooms over pastry inside border. Lay zucchini and cheese over mushrooms. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and cheese has melted. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories 204
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 349 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g