Want to make your lemons last longer? Try preserving them. Preserved lemons add a fragrant, slightly bitter layer to a variety of dishes, are easy to make at home, and can be stored in the fridge for up to three months (see our recipe for Quick-Preserved Lemons). Here are a few of our favorite ways to use them:
1. Finely chop, and stir into crème fraîche or Greek yogurt for a vegetable dip.
2. Whisk into salad dressings.
3. Stir into couscous with olives, golden raisins, and cilantro.
4. Toss with sweet potatoes or carrots before roasting.
5. Add to puréed soups.
6. Muddle into a martini.
7. Toss with olives and roasted almonds for a quick hors d'oeuvre.
Got preserved lemons? What's your favorite way to use them? Share in the comments!