Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER
1. TIMING: Contest begins on 3/17/09 and ends on 6/9/09.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit your original recipe(s) at VegetarianTimes.com/recipecontest. Entry must be accurately completed or will be voided. Limit 3 recipes per person.
3. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: All entries must be received by 11:59 pm June 9, 2009
2. ELIGIBILITY: Vegetarian Times Reader Recipe Contest is open only to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia who as of time of entry are 18 years of age or older. Void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the contest.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit your original recipe(s) at VegetarianTimes.com/recipecontest, by June 9, 2009. Entry must be accurately completed or will be voided. Limit 3 recipes per person.
5. JUDGING PROCEDURE: Recipes will be judged on originality, taste, ease of preparation, presentation and use of one or more sponsor(s) product. Recipes must be original, vegetarian and previously unpublished elsewhere. Any recipe that includes a non-vegetarian product (ex. chicken broth, ground beef) will be automatically disqualified.
Sponsor(s) product is defined as:
Avocados from Mexico
Bob’s Red Mill(R) Natural Foods, Inc.
MEYENBERG(R) Goat Milk Products
Simply Organic(R) Spices
The winning recipes will be chosen by editors of Vegetarian Times. Winning recipes will be published in the November/December 2009 issue of Vegetarian Times.
PRIZES: a) (1) first place winner will receive (1) $500 cash prize. b) (1) second place winner will receive (1) $300 cash prize. c) (1) third place winner will receive (1) $200 cash prize. (3) runner-up winners will each receive (1) Vegetarian Times Cookbook, valued at $34.95. Each contest prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a prize (or portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason in which case, Sponsor will at their sole discretion award a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including where applicable sales tax) due for their awarded prize, as well as all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of their awarded prize. Subject to the conditions herein, the prizes will be awarded.
NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email on or around June 10, 2009.
MISCELLANEOUS: All submissions will become the sole property of Active Interest Media, which may reprint or otherwise exploit the entry in any manner, in any media. By submitting the entry, you agree that your name, voice, likeness and biographical data may be used by Active Interest Media for promotional and advertising purposes without compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this contest, entrants and winner agree to abide by all contest rules and by decision of judges. Entrants and winner also agree to release Active Interest Media, and affiliated companies, and their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors and employees, from and against any claim, liability, loss or expense of any kind resulting from entry or participation in the contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Within seven (7) days of notification postmark must correctly complete, execute and return as directed an Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsor).
SPONSOR: Vegetarian Times, 475 Sansome Street, Suite 850, San Francisco, CA 94111