Vegetarian Times Small Farms, Big Change Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO E.NTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Vegetarian Times Small Farms, Big Change Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia who as of 12/31/07 are 18 years of age or older. Void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Sponsor and Equal Exchange, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
3. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins on 11/1/07 and ends on 12/31/07.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, fill in all requested information at VegetarianTimes.com, entry must be accurately completed or will be voided. To enter by mail: print out the Entry Form, complete the Entry Form in ink and mail in a business size (#10) envelope to Vegetarian Times C/O Small Farms, Big Change Sweepstakes, 475 Sansome St Suite 850, San Francisco, CA 94111, to be postmarked by December 30, 2007 and received by January 3, 2008.
5. PRIZES: (5) grand prize winners will each receive (1) Vegetarian Times Cookbook and Equal Exchange Gift Basket package valued at $110.00. Sweepstakes prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a prize (or portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason in which case, Sponsor will at their sole discretion award a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including where applicable sales tax) due for their awarded prize, as well as all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of their awarded prize. Subject to the conditions herein, the prizes will be awarded.
6. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about 1/03/08, a winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received. By entering, participants agree: a) to be bound by these rules; b) that winning is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements of these rules; c) that the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the above-mentioned independent judging organization shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by email or phone within about five days of drawing, and within seven (7) days of notification postmark must correctly complete, execute and return as directed an Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsor). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case prize may be awarded to an alternate by random drawing.
8. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Equal Exchange, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Sweepstakes prize, and/or participation in a Sweepstakes prize-related activity. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor and Equal Exchange the right to interview, photograph/video a winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) names, address, entry form, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, statements, quotes, biographical information, and prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected; b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. In the event that the Sweepstakes is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner(s) will determined solely by an independent judging organization in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: The names of winners will be available by sending a postcard received by 1/3/08 to: Vegetarian Times Small Farms, Big Change Sweepstakes Winners List c/o Vegetarian Times Marketing, 475 Sansome Street, Suite 850, San Francisco, CA 94111 11. SPONSOR: Vegetarian Times, 475 Sansome Street, Suite 850, San Francisco, CA 94111