How to Make Vegan Meringue from Canned Chickpeas
Chef Mark Reinfeld demystifies what aquafaba is (chickpea water) and how to turn it into a vegan egg substitute for baking.
Vegan baking just got a whole lot better.
Make creamy vegan meringue for pies, cookies and more with just three ingredients! Chef and cookbook author Mark Reinfeld, the founder of Vegan Fusion, shows you how to transform the liquid from a can of chickpeas into a versatile egg substitute called aquafaba.
After making aquafaba meringue, you can use the drained chickpeas in a number of delicious dishes! Here are a few to get you started:
- Chickpea, Beet, and Apple Panini
- Gemelli with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Chickpeas, and Smoked Paprika
- Indian Rice and Chickpeas with Quick-Steamed Greens
- Moroccan Whole Chickpea Hummus
- Chickpea, Artichoke Heart, and Tomato Salad with Arugula