Crunchy, sweet and tangy, bell pepper is a welcome addition to many clean dishes. Not only are they high in carotenoid phytonutrients, which may prevent type 2 diabetes, but bell peppers also contain over 30 different types of carotenoids including beta-carotene and cryptoxanthin, both of which are precursors to immune-supportive vitamin A.
But, do you know the proper way to slice and dice one?
In this video, Clean Eating Academy Instructor James Smith demonstrates the quick and easy way to chop a pepper. This short video will change your life!
Go to plant-based cooking school from the comfort of your own home! Join Chef James Smith for Clean Eating 101: Intro to Clean Vegetarian Cooking and Nutrition.
Put your new skill to use in these vegetarian recipes from our sister site, Clean Eating!
- Roasted Pepper & Avocado Soup
- Thai Rice Noodle Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing
- Vegetable Enchiladas with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Curried Lentil & Squash Bowl with Kale & Peppers
- Black-Eyed Pea & Pineapple Salsa
- Egg Sandwich with Red Pepper & Tahini
See more recipes featuring bell peppers here.