Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Whether you’re looking to fuel a training regimen or to simply get more plants into your diet, this quick course has you covered. Lauren will show you how to swap delicious plant-based proteins for the animal proteins you may be used to. You’ll get a cooking demonstration followed by a recipe page for easy reference, and you can take the course at your own pace, review any of the 5 modules or jump ahead to a recipe that piques your interest as you go. We’re pretty certain you’ll go nuts for the super creamy, delicious and nutritious vegan cheese sauce that can be used to top tons of different foods and is totally kid-approved!
- What is protein, why it’s important, how much is enough, and what are the best sources
- Why and how to make practical plant-based protein swaps from an environmental and health perspective
- The benefits of legumes, cooking methods and a quantity guide
- The science of soy and guidelines for popular soy foods including tofu, tempeh, edamame, miso and more
- Convenient pre-made plant-based options and how to use them
Join Outside+ for just $99 to gain free access to Plant-Based Protein Swaps.
You’ll also enjoy all the benefits of Outside+, including a 1-year print magazine subscription from your choice of Clean Eating, Yoga Journal, Backpacker, Oxygen, SKI, Women’s Running, and others. (U.S. members only), access to members-only content, training plans, gear discounts, and much more! All for only $99 your first year!
Meet Your Instructor
Lauren McNeill is a Canadian Registered Dietitian with a Masters of Public Health in Nutrition and Dietetics who specializes in plant-based nutrition and women’s health. Her goal is to help people succeed on a plant-based diet, whether they’re vegan, vegetarian, or simply want to incorporate more plant-based foods into their everyday eating pattern. She offers one-on-one virtual nutrition counseling sessions, grocery store tours, corporate presentations in her hometown of Toronto, and often collaborates with brands who align with Tasting to Thrive’s vision and ethos.
Outside+ is an all-access membership that delivers exclusive content, training plans, healthy recipes, expert nutritional information, and more, inspiring you to do the activities you love with greater enjoyment and knowledge. Check out some of the benefits:
- Satisfying Plant-Based Protein Swaps
- Print magazine subscription
- Cooking courses from Vegetarian Times and Clean Eating
- Meal plans & recipes from Vegetarian Times and Clean Eating
- Access to members-only content across all our websites including Oxygen, Women’s Running, Cleaning Eating, Triathlete, Yoga Journal, and more
- 2 Free Fitness or Nutrition Books
Join Outside+ for just $99 to gain access to Satisfying Plant-Based Protein Swaps!
You may also be interested in Easy Vegan Meals for the Whole Family.