All-You-Can-Eat Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
This super-nutritious salad is just what you want toward the end of the work week.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Get creative with your favorite greens, and take advantage of the opportunity to throw in leftovers from other recipes, such as extra ginger-carrot broccoli from the Stir-fried Tofu Bento Box with Sesame Soba Noodles and Ginger-Carrot Broccoli and roasted vegetables from the Grilled Vegetable Wrap.
- 1 head leaf or red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces, or 4 cups mesclun mix
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup jicama cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. To make salad: toss together all ingredients in large bowl.
2. To make Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in small bowl. Whisk in oil and basil.
3. To serve: top 2 1/2 cups salad with 1 Tbs. Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.
- Serving Size 2 1/2 c salad and 1 T vinaigrette
- Calories 185
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 83 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g