Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Love a butternut squash pasta but wish it was all squash? That’s what this dish is. It skips the actual pasta in favor of butternut squash noodles made with a spiralizer. You get the general sensation of a bowl of spaghetti, but there’s nothing standing between you and complete squash satisfaction. To top it off, this recipe adds some mascarpone cheese for creamy richness, but feel free to swap that for your preferred non-dairy alternative.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Butternut Squash ‘Noodles’ with Mascarpone
1. In a large deep skillet on medium, heat oil. Add tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes (if using). Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
2. Add spiralized noodles to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
3. Serve half of the squash mixture on a plate or shallow bowl topped with mascarpone. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serving Size 1 cup without mascarpone
- Calories 116
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 246 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g