Chocolate Banana Bread
Go bananas and add some cocoa and chocolate chips to your banana bread. Now you can have your chocolate and eat it, too!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 3 tablespoons honey, or pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- ¼ cup Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup mashed ripe bananas, about 4 medium bananas
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat honey, coconut sugar, and oil/butter together until combined.
- Add in eggs and mix evenly.
- In another bowl combine quinoa flakes, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed in well.
- Mash bananas, you can use the same bowl you used for the dry ingredients. If you like less texture you can blend them smooth in a mini food processor.
- Stir the bananas into the batter and set aside.
- Spray a 10×4 loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Place bread in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with chocolate chips, just pull the rack out don’t remove the bread from the oven.
- Slide back in and continue baking for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 to 20 minutes on a wire rack before lifting the parchment paper and removing from the pan to continue cooling.