Gluten-Free Pear Clafouti Is a Not-Too-Sweet Treat
Organic pears shine in this not-too-sweet dessert, which also makes a great breakfast treat.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Organic pears shine in this not-too-sweet pear clafouti. It’s great for dessert or as a lovely breakfast treat. We used grain-free almond flour here, but you can easily swap it out for regular flour or another gluten-free flour of your choice.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Gluten-Free Vegan Mandarin and Thyme Polenta Cake
Gluten-Free and Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Gluten-Free Lentil Quinoa Taco Pie
Gluten-Free Pear Clafouti
- ¾ cup organic vanilla soy milk (or other nondairy milk)
- ¾ cup organic unflavored soy milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 4 large free-range organic eggs or equivalent egg replacer
- ¼ cup organic blue agave nectar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ cup organic almond flour
- 3 ripe organic Anjou pears, halved vertically and sliced thin crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter 9-inch, deep-dish glass pie pan.
- Blend milks, eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla and almond extracts in blender until smooth. Add flour, and pulse to mix. Set aside.
- Fan five pear halves in pie pan, stem ends pointing toward center of pan.
- Pour batter over pears. Place pie pan on baking sheet, and bake 55–60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and slightly browned. Cool, and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 60 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g