No-Bake Almond-Oat Energy Bites
If you've ever been let down by homemade granola bars that taste a little too . . . um . . . healthy, give these yummy nuggets a try.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (regular or quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbs. raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. barley malt syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Grind 1/2 cup oats and 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds in food processor until powdery. Transfer to medium bowl; set aside.
2. Combine remaining 2 cups oats, remaining 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, raisins, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in large bowl. Stir in almond butter, honey, barley malt syrup and vanilla until soft dough forms.
3. Moisten hands, and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Coat balls in oat-pumpkin seed powder. Place in freezer 20 minutes to set, then serve or store in the fridge.
- Calories 148
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 2 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g