Southwestern Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing
Kids and dads alike will enjoy a sunny salad topped with corn-chip crumbles and creamy avocado-lime dressing.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Sweet romaine, grape tomatoes,and corn, plus tender pinto beans and crunchy corn chips make a truly satisfying salad.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans or 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup prepared (not chunky) salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbs. lime juice
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce, optional
- 1/3 cup crushed corn tortilla chips (about 20 chips), optional
1. Combine lettuce, beans, tomatoes, and corn in clear glass bowl. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro on top.
2. Mash avocado in separate bowl, and whisk in salsa, sour cream, and lime juice. Season with hot sauce (if using), and salt and pepper, if desired. Pour dressing over salad, toss well, and top with crushed corn chips (if using).
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 115
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 196 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g