Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The only cooked ingredient in this creamy treat is a homemade cranberry topping. For a fully raw dessert, you can omit the topping and serve the bars plain, or garnish them with berries or sliced fresh fruit.
1. Cover 2 cups cashews with cold water, and soak 3 hours, or overnight.
2. Simmer cranberries, 2 Tbs. honey, and apple juice in saucepan over medium-low heat 10 to 12 minutes, or until cranberries pop. Cool 15 minutes. Pulse in blender or food processor until sauce is thick and smooth. Cool completely.
3. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch-square glass baking dish with coconut oil. Process walnuts, raisins, and remaining 1 cup cashews in food processor, until mixture begins to stick together. Press into prepared dish, and chill 30 minutes, or overnight.
4. Drain soaked cashews. Purée cashews, macadamia nuts, lemon juice, remaining ¼ cup coconut oil, remaining ¼ cup honey, vanilla extract, salt, and 3 Tbs. water in food processor 5 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Spoon cashew mixture over crust. Spread cranberry mixture over top. Cut through cheesecake with small knife to swirl. Freeze cheesecake 1 hour before serving. Thaw 5 minutes, then slice into 16 bars.
- Calories 308
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 77 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g