Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Seasoned with a hint of Indian spice, this rice recipe is subtle enough to go with a wide variety of dishes.
1. Combine rice, 3 1/4 cups water, cinnamon stick, and 1/4 tsp. salt in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently 35 minutes, or until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed.
2. Heat ghee in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and garam masala, and heat 15 seconds. Add onion and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Reduce heat
to low, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally. Add peas, and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Remove cinnamon stick from rice. Stir rice into onion mixture, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to serving dish, and fluff rice with fork.
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 197 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g