Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you can find fresh figs, by all means slice them and substitute for the jam in these sandwiches.
1. Mash blue cheese and cream cheese together in small bowl, leaving some blue cheese chunks. Set aside.
2. Brush 4 slices bread with half of butter, and set butter side down on baking sheet. Spread each slice with 1 Tbs. jam, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup radicchio. Spread remaining 4 slices bread with blue cheese mixture, and set on top of radicchio. Brush sandwich tops with remaining melted butter.
3. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Cook sandwiches in skillet 4 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Flip, and cook 3 minutes more, or until second side is browned.
- Calories 419
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 52 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 607 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g