Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Boiling the sugar, raisins and spices produces a wonderfully flavored cake that’s bound to become a holiday favorite. Dress it up with the lemony glaze just before serving for the perfect finish to this festive dinner.
To make Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in bowl. Spray 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 & 1/2 cups water in large saucepan. Bring to boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until raisins plump up. Remove from heat, and stir in margarine.
3. When margarine has melted, add flour mixture and pecans to saucepan. Blend well, and pour into pan. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
To make Glaze:
4. Whisk lemon juice into confectioners’ sugar. Pour over cooled cake. Decorate with whole pecans, if desired.
- Calories 391
- Carbohydrate Content 72 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 259 mg
- Sugar Content 49 g