Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This salad previews late fall flavors. To speed things up, look for peeled butternut squash cubes in your supermarket’s refrigerated section.
1. Steam butternut squash cubes 7 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Place 1/4 cup dried cranberries in bowl, and cover with boiling water. Steep 2 minutes, then drain. Transfer to blender with vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until very smooth.
3. Toast almond slivers in small skillet 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat, shaking pan often. Set aside.
4. Toss greens with dressing in large bowl. Top with warm squash, almonds, and remaining 1/4 cup cranberries.
- Calories 265
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 173 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g