Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The key to success with this recipe is to thinly slice the butternut squash to ensure that it is fully cooked at the same time the dough is done.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Roll each puff pastry sheet out to 12-inch square on lightly floured work surface. Cut out 9 circles from each sheet using 31/2-inch circle mold. Reroll scraps and cut out 4 to 6 more circles. Place circles on prepared baking sheets.
3. Slice squash in half lengthwise and then peel into 1/16-inch-thick slices with vegetable peeler. Spread 1/2tsp. pesto on each pastry circle. Place 3 to 5 slices butternut squash, slightly overlapping, over pesto. Brush with oil, and season with pepper. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until squash is cooked through and pastry is golden.
- Calories 143
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 124 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g