Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
At the Regency House Spa in Hallandale Beach, Fla., executive chef John Nowakowski uses a zesty vinaigrette as a Caesar dressing alternative and as a marinade for grilled asparagus or other vegetables. “I came up with the recipe after going out to a restaurant and tasting a Parmesan vinaigrette served with grilled vegetables,” Nowakowski explains. “I wondered if I could duplicate it without all the fat and cheese.” Recipe courtesy of Regency House Spa.
1. To make Croutons: Preheat oven to 375°F. Blend oil, garlic, and oregano in blender until smooth. Toss together pitas and oil mixture in bowl. Spread on baking sheet, and bake 15 to 18 minutes.
2. To make Vinaigrette: blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
3. To assemble Salad: Toss lettuce with 1/2 cup Vinaigrette. Divide among serving plates, and top with Croutons, tofu slices (if using), and soy Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Calories 169
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 151 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g