Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Candied ginger and creamy goat cheese add flair to moist, spicy carrot cupcakes.
1. To make Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F, and line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, and salt. Stir in carrots and poppy seeds, then raisins and candied ginger. Fold in flour until just combined. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
3. To make Frosting: Sift confectioners’ sugar into bowl, and set aside.
4. Beat together goat cheese and cream cheese with electric mixer. Beat in confectioners’ sugar, then fold in maple syrup with spatula. Let rest 1 hour.
5. Drizzle and spread Frosting on cooled Cupcakes.
- Calories 340
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 482 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g