Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you like chai tea, you’ll love this creamy, comforting dessert studded with apples and raisins. For the best flavor, choose a strong, spicy chai tea; we used Tazo’s chai tea bags.
1. Bring 2 cups water and 1 cup soymilk to a boil in large saucepan. Remove from heat, and add teabags. Cover, and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing out any liquid.
2. Stir rice, sugar and salt into tea mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups soymilk, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until rice is soft. Stir in apple and raisins; remove from heat. Cover pot, and let sit 10 minutes.
3. Spoon pudding into 2-quart heatproof dish. Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 75 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g