Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Brussels sprouts are one of our favorite vegetables, especially in winter – and this chestnut roasted preparation makes them even more perfect for the season than ever. You might say they please kids from 1 to 92. We don’t roast them over an open fire, though; putting a sheet tray in the oven is a bit more practical. Don’t worry about breaking out the nutcracker to break down the chestnuts, this recipe is designed for the packaged variety which come pre-peeled.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Leaves with Sweet and Spicy Hemp Hearts
Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pear
Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Add Brussels sprouts, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat, spread evenly on sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from oven, add chestnuts and toss to distribute evenly throughout. Return to oven and bake until Brussels sprouts are tender and golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving Size 3/4 cup
- Calories 125
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g