Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Using cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate allowed us to cut back on the traditional high-fat, high-sugar ingredient quantities in brownies and still have a satisfyingly chewy, chocolaty dessert.
1. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt chocolate and margarine in double boiler. Remove from heat, and whisk until smooth.
3. Stir brown sugar into chocolate-butter mixture. Stir in dry ingredients. Fold in beaten eggs. Spread in prepared baking pan, and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until brownies look set, but still soft in center. Cool. Slice into squares.
- Calories 251
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 221 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g