Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
An excellent player in a larger menu, this soup comes together very quickly, and can be made a day ahead for easy entertaining.
1. Halve large tomatoes; scoop out seeds and juicy interior over bowl. Pour and press seeds through fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth over bowl to extract juice. Discard seeds, and set juice aside. Chop remaining tomato shells, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cumin seeds, tomato paste, and sriracha, then add bell pepper and chopped tomatoes. Simmer 5 to 6 minutes. Cool.
3. Transfer mixture to blender. Add reserved tomato juice, lime juice, coconut water, and coconut milk, and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and chill.
4. To serve, pour soup into small cups, lightly drizzle with coconut milk, and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Calories 122
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 74 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g