Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Chocolate chips, peanut butter and oatmeal wow guests when combined in a cookie. With three favorite flavors rolled into one, these delectable treats are full of protein and appeal to the kid in all of us. The cookies will keep for a week in a tightly closed tin, or they can be frozen for up to a month.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In food processor or mixing bowl, combine butter and peanut butter, and process, or beat together with wooden spoon, until well blended. Add sugars and process or stir until combined. Beat in eggs and add vanilla; blend well until smooth and creamy.
3. Combine flours, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and process, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl, or mix well with wooden spoon. Dough will be stiff. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
4. Roll dough into balls about 11/2 inches in diameter and place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten dough.
5. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on baking racks.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 115 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g