Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Take chocolate chip cookies to the next level with this espresso-spiked dough that’s laced with chewy oats.
1. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in bowl.
2. Cream margarine and sugar together with electric mixer in bowl. Beat in espresso and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, adding up to 1/2 cup more if necessary to make thick dough. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
3. Divide dough in half. Transfer each dough half to large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper. Use plastic wrap to shape dough into 2 2-inch-diameter logs with plastic wrap or wax paper. Wrap tightly, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice dough logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to greased or parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until cookies look dry on top. Cool cookies 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack
- Calories 56
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 43 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g