Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These snaps are great on their own, or as wafers for sandwich cookies. Maple syrup lends flavor and moisture, which lets you cut down on oil in the dough.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat three baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together maple syrup, oil, cornstarch mixture, vanilla, and orange zest in large bowl.
3. Sift together flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Measure out cookie dough in 1-tsp. scoops, and arrange 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are firm on top and edges have darkened.
- Calories 42
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 30 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g