Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Created in the 1890s at the Waldorf Hotel in New York City, and noted in Cole Porter’s 1934 tune “You’re the Top,” Waldorf Salad was once the be-all and end-all of culinary elegance.
1. To make Salad: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts on baking sheet, and toast 8 to 10 minutes, or until light brown and fragrant. Cool.
2. Combine celery, apples, grapes, and toasted walnuts in large bowl.
3. To make Dressing: Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, and parsley in bowl. Toss with Salad. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. To serve, arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Top each with 1 cup Salad.
- Calories 188
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 176 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g