Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The ice cream can be made up to 3 days ahead.
1. To make Coconut Ice Cream: Pour coconut milk into medium saucepan, and whisk. Transfer ½ cup coconut milk to small bowl, and stir in arrowroot. Set aside.
2. Add sugar to coconut milk in pan; cook over medium-high heat, whisking often, about 5 minutes, or until just beginning to boil. Whisk in arrowroot mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture bubbles and begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
3. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer ice cream to container, cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
4. To make Raspberry Sauce: Purée all ingredients and ½ cup water in blender or food processor. Strain through fine mesh sieve set over small bowl. Sweeten with more syrup, if desired. Serve over Coconut Ice Cream.
- Calories 351
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 25 g
- Sodium Content 18 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g