Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A sprinkling of pomegranate seeds can add jewel-bright color and sweet-tart flavor to desserts.
1. To make Coconut Chips: Preheat oven to 300°F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray. Toss coconut flakes with maple syrup and salt in medium bowl until well combined. Arrange mixture in single layer on prepared baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until flakes are deep brown. Let cool to room temperature. (Chips will crisp as they cool.)
2. To make Pudding: Pour coconut milk into 4-cup measuring cup, and add water until liquid reaches 4 cups. Pour liquid into medium saucepan, and add Arborio rice, sugar, and salt. Slit vanilla bean in half, scrape vanilla seeds into saucepan, and add pod to saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 22 to 25 minutes, or until Arborio rice is soft and much of liquid is absorbed, but mixture is still loose. (It will thicken as it cools.) Remove and discard vanilla pod.
3. Serve Pudding warm or chilled, topped with Coconut Chips and pomegranate seeds.
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 88 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g