Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Chef Bryant Terry took inspiration from pineapple upside-down cakes to create this dessert.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt 2 Tbs. coconut butter in prepared pan set in oven. Tilt pan to evenly coat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over melted coconut butter. Top with cranberries.
3. Blend 6 Tbs. soymilk, flaxseed, and molasses in blender until smooth.
4. Whisk together flours, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Add remaining 6 Tbs. coconut butter, 5 Tbs. soymilk, and vinegar. Beat on low speed until moistened. Increase speed to high, and beat 2 minutes, gradually adding flaxseed mixture. Fold in walnuts.
5. Spread batter over cranberries in pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate. Peel off parchment; cool completely.
- Calories 384
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 183 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g