Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Gremolata is a classic Italian garnish made with parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. Because gremolata keeps up to a week in the fridge, you may want to double or triple the recipe, then use it as a garnish for pasta, stews, and bean dishes (especially white beans).
1. To make Gremolata: Combine parsley, garlic, and lemon zest in small bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Creamy Cauliflower Soup: Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and apple, and sauté 7 minutes, or until soft. Stir in remaining ingredients, and cook 2 minutes more. Add 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until cauliflower florets are very tender. Let cool 10 minutes.
3. Purée soup with immersion blender or in small batches in blender or food processor. Return soup to saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls, and top each serving with 1 Tbs. Gremolata.
- Calories 89
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 27 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g