Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Rolling these festive cookies in rapadura (a Brazilian unrefined cane sugar) or turbinado sugar makes the outsides sparkle and also gives the treats a sweet crunch.
1. Beat date sugar and margarine with electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes, or until creamy. Beat in egg, then molasses.
2. Whisk together flours, ginger, 1 tsp. cinnamon, baking soda, salt,
cloves, and nutmeg in bowl. Whisk in fresh ginger. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Cover, and chill 1 hour,
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with coconut oil or cooking spray. Combine rapadura with remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon on small plate.
4. Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies look dry. Cool 3 to 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack.
- Calories 127
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 194 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g