Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The dough for these cookies is so good, you’ll find yourself eating it raw, and because it contains no eggs, it’s safe to munch away. For a nutty cookie, substitute 1 cup chopped walnuts for the white chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
2. Beat sugar and margarine in medium bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg replacer and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture; dough will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 Tbs.). Place 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, and flatten slightly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until dry and crisp-looking. Cool completely before removing to wire rack.
- Calories 111
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 94 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g