Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat. Divide Parmesan cheese into 6 mounds on baking mat, and flatten using back of spoon. Bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts into lacy rounds. Cool completely. Remove from baking sheet with spatula; set aside.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Add broth, asparagus stalks, and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook asparagus tips in boiling, salted water 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
4. Purée soup in blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pan, and stir in milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with asparagus tips and Parmesan crisps.
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 431 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g