Fresh Tomato Salsa
Tangy, tasty and not one drop of oil!…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tangy, tasty and not one drop of oil!
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, preferably vine-ripened
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced scallion
- 1 to 2 Tbs. seeded, minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime (about 3 Tbs.)
- 1/8 tsp.salt, or more to taste
Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Core tomatoes and cut an “x” in bottom of each. Plunge into boiling water 30 seconds. With slotted spoon, immediately remove to bowl of cold water. When cool enough to handle, peel tomatoes.
Cut each tomato horizontally in half (through equator) and squeeze out seeds. Finely dice tomatoes and place in serving bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients along with 1 tablespoon water. Mix well.
- Calories 5
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 11 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g