Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
What could be better than warm brownies and a glass of (soy) milk after a big day at school? To guarantee brownies that aren’t too hot or too cold, start baking 1 hour ahead of serving time.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
2. Melt chocolate chips with canola oil in double boiler, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in banana and sugar. Combine soymilk, flaxseed meal, and vanilla in measuring cup, then fold into chocolate mixture. Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture until just combined, then spread in prepared baking pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out dry, but middle is still soft. Cool in pan on wire rack, then cut into 16 squares.
- Calories 106
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 42 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g