Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
You don’t even need an electric mixer to make these drop cookies. For a spicier cookie, add 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1 tsp. ground ginger to the dough.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Whisk together sugar, margarine, oil, ginger, molasses, vanilla and 1/4 cup warm water. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture. Fold in walnuts.
2. Drop spoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
3. Whisk lime juice and sugar until smooth. Dip cookies in glaze. Let glaze harden on wire racks, then store cookies in airtight container.
- Calories 134
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 78 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g