Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Organic spinach is readily available, reasonably priced and one of the Environmental Working Group’s organic produce recommendations.
1. To make Salad: Slice peel from top and bottom of grapefruit. Stand one grapefruit on work surface and cut away peel and pith with serrated knife. Repeat with remaining grapefruit. Slice segments from membranes, and set aside.
2. To make Dressing: Squeeze grapefruit juice from remaining membranes. Whisk 3 Tbs. juice with vegetable oil, ketchup, ginger, mustard, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place spinach, almonds, and grapefruit segments in large salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve.
- Calories 98
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 49 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g