Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Fresh ginger and simple syrup bring tomato sorbet over to the sweet side.
1. Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Boil 1 minute. Add ginger, and remove from heat.
2. Purée tomatoes in food processor until liquefied. Stir into ginger syrup; chill.
3. Strain tomato mixture through fine-meshed sieve to remove seeds and skins. (You should have about 4 cups.)
4. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to 1-quart container, and freeze.
- Calories 117
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 6 mg
- Sugar Content 28 g