Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We call for yellow cornmeal here so that the shade can play off the green of the sage, but any type will work.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat loaf pan or 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Whisk together cornmeal, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Stir in sage.
2. Beat egg in separate bowl. Whisk in buttermilk and honey. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Spread batter in prepared pan, and bake 20 to 35 minutes, or until crisp and brown on top and sides. Brush with butter, if using. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 222 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g