Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Mâche is a tender, sweet lettuce cultivated in France since the 17th century. Here, mâche is paired with juicy grape tomatoes and fresh mozzarella for a wintertime take on an Italian summer favorite.
To make Crostini:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush bread with oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet, and toast in oven 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
To make Salad:
2. Toss mâche in serving bowl with 1 Tbs. oil and 1 tsp. vinegar. Toss together tomatoes, basil, garlic, 1 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. vinegar in separate bowl.
3. Arrange mozzarella slices on mâche. Drizzle with remaining 1 tsp. oil.
4. Spoon tomato mixture into center of salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crostini.
- Calories 281
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 347 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g