Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Fresh corn is so tender, there’s usually no need to cook it before adding to salsas and salads. Use fresh corn as soon after you buy it as possible—the longer it is off the stalk, the starchier and tougher it gets.
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook beans 5 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain, and refresh in ice water. When cool, chop beans.
3. Toss together beans, corn, onion and oil in large bowl. Add cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeño pepper, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve.
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14.5 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 167 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g