Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Mint, parsley and fresh ginger give this warm salad an unusual twist, while using both wax and green beans and different potato varieties adds contrasting colors that make the salad “pop” on the plate.
1. Toast walnuts in small skillet 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, or until nuts are fragrant, shaking pan frequently. Cool.
2. Purée walnuts, mint, parsley, oil, ginger, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt in food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl once or twice. Transfer to bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pesto to keep from turning brown, and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour, or up to 3 hours.
3. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook 8 minutes. Add beans, and simmer4 to 5 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
4. Transfer vegetables to large bowl, and toss with pesto. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories 174
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 231 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g