Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This recipe calls for roasting and grinding dried chiles, but if you want to skip the first two steps, substitute chipotle chili powder. The Chipotle-Lime Butter will keep up to a week in the fridge and can be used on bread or baked sweet potatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast dried chipotles on baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes, or until puffy and crisp. Cool.
2. Remove tops of chiles and discard seeds. Grind chipotles down to fine powder using mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
3. Combine chipotle chile powder with lime zest, salt, and butter in medium bowl; mix well with electric mixer. Transfer to 1-cup serving bowl, smoothing surface with spatula or knife. Chill.
4. Heat grill to medium heat. Remove all but 1 layer of husk from each corn ear. Trim silk from ends.
5. Grill corn 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Peel off remaining husk and silk. Serve with Chipotle-Lime Butter.
- Calories 157
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 119 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g